Reverse Time – Embrace the Possibilities of Braces at Any Age!
Are you wondering if it’s too late to achieve that glorious smile synonymous with youth? At Wilson East Dental Care, we believe age should never be a barrier to achieving your dream smile. So if you’ve ever questioned, “Am I too old for braces?” We are here to tell you that it’s never too late to invest in your oral health and overall confidence. Brace yourself for a journey filled with newfound possibilities, as we debunk common misconceptions and empower you to embrace the transformative power of braces, no matter your age!
What are the benefits of braces for adults?
Braces for adults can improve the appearance, health, and function of your teeth and smile. Some of the benefits of braces for adults are:
- Straightening crooked, crowded, or protruding teeth, which can enhance your self-confidence and make you more comfortable in social and professional situations.
- Closing gaps between teeth, which can prevent food from getting stuck and reduce the risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
- Correcting the bite, which can improve your chewing and speaking abilities, prevent abnormal wear and tear of the teeth, and reduce the stress on the jaw joints and muscles.
- Preventing or treating dental problems, such as tooth decay, gum disease, tooth loss, bone loss, and temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders, which can affect your overall health and quality of life.
What are the different types of braces for adults?
There are many different types of braces for adults, depending on your preferences, budget, and orthodontic needs. Some of the most common types of braces for adults are:
- Metal braces, which are the traditional braces that use metal brackets and wires to move the teeth. Metal braces are the most affordable and effective option, but they are also the most noticeable and may cause some discomfort and irritation.
- Ceramic braces, which are similar to metal braces, but use tooth-colored or clear brackets and wires to blend in with the teeth. Ceramic braces are less visible and more aesthetic than metal braces, but they are also more expensive and prone to staining and breaking.
- Lingual braces, which are metal braces that are attached to the back of the teeth, making them invisible from the front. Lingual braces are the most discreet option, but they are also the most expensive and difficult to clean and adjust. They may also interfere with your tongue and speech.
- Clear aligners, which are removable plastic trays that fit over the teeth and gradually shift them into the desired position. Clear aligners are the most comfortable and convenient option, as they are virtually invisible and allow you to eat, drink, and brush your teeth normally. However, they are also the most expensive and require more discipline and responsibility to wear them for the recommended hours per day.
How much do braces cost for adults?
The cost of braces for adults can vary depending on several factors such as the severity of the orthodontic issue, the type of braces chosen, and the duration of treatment.
- Traditional metal braces are often the most cost-effective option for straightening teeth.
- Ceramic braces are a more discreet option and can be slightly more expensive than metal braces.
- Lingual braces, which are placed on the back of the teeth, can be the most costly due to their customization and complexity.
- Clear aligner systems like Invisalign may also be more expensive than traditional braces but offer the advantage of being virtually invisible.
Some dental insurance plans may provide coverage for orthodontic treatment, which can help offset the cost. Many orthodontists offer payment plans or financing options to make the cost of braces more manageable for adults.
At Wilson East Dental Care, we understand that a straight and confident smile is important for adults too. We offer a range of orthodontic treatment options, including traditional braces, clear aligners, and ceramic braces, to help our patients achieve the smile they desire. Our experienced team will work closely with you to determine the best treatment plan for your individual needs and budget. With our excellent financial options and flexible payment plans, we strive to make orthodontic treatment affordable for everyone. Trust Wilson East Dental Care to provide you with exceptional orthodontic care and help you achieve the smile you’ve always wanted. Contact us today for a consultation.
How to take care of your teeth and braces as an adult?
Taking care of your teeth and braces as an adult is very important to prevent dental problems and ensure a successful outcome of your orthodontic treatment. Some of the tips to take care of your teeth and braces as an adult are:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day, preferably after every meal, using a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste. Make sure to brush all the surfaces of your teeth and braces, and use an interdental brush or floss threader to clean between the teeth and under the wires.
- Floss your teeth at least once a day, using dental floss or a water flosser, to remove any plaque and food debris that may be trapped between your teeth and braces.
- Rinse your mouth with water or mouthwash after brushing and flossing, to flush out any remaining particles and bacteria.
- Visit your dentist and orthodontist regularly, as advised, for check-ups, cleanings, and adjustments. Follow their instructions and recommendations regarding your oral hygiene and care.
- Avoid foods and drinks that may damage your braces or teeth, such as hard, sticky, or chewy foods, sugary or acidic foods and drinks, and alcohol and tobacco. Cut your food into small pieces and chew with your back teeth to prevent breaking or loosening your braces.
- Wear a mouthguard if you play sports or engage in any physical activity that may cause trauma to your mouth. A mouthguard can protect your teeth and braces from injury and reduce the risk of infection and inflammation.
- Wear a retainer after your braces are removed, as instructed by your orthodontist, to maintain your teeth in their new position and prevent them from shifting back. A retainer is a removable or fixed appliance that you need to wear for a certain period of time, depending on your case.
What are the risks and complications of braces for adults?
Braces for adults are generally safe and effective, but they may also pose some risks and complications, such as:
- Tooth decay and gum disease, which can result from poor oral hygiene and plaque accumulation around the braces. This can lead to cavities, inflammation, bleeding, and infection of the gums and teeth, and may compromise the outcome of the treatment.
- Tooth root resorption, which is the gradual loss of tooth root structure due to the pressure exerted by the braces. This can affect the stability and longevity of the teeth, and may require root canal treatment or tooth extraction in severe cases.
- Tooth enamel demineralization, which is the weakening and erosion of the tooth enamel due to the exposure to acidic foods and drinks or the removal of the brackets. This can cause white spots, stains, or cavities on the teeth, and may require restorative treatment or whitening procedures to improve the appearance of the teeth.
- Relapse, which is the tendency of the teeth to move back to their original position after the braces are removed. This can happen due to the natural aging process, the elastic memory of the tissues, or the lack of compliance with the retainer wear. This can compromise the results of the treatment and may require additional orthodontic intervention.
What are the alternatives to braces for adults?
In addition to traditional metal braces, there are several alternatives available for adults who wish to straighten their teeth. Firstly, clear aligners, such as Invisalign, have gained popularity in recent years. They are made of transparent plastic and are virtually invisible. These aligners are removable, allowing for easy maintenance of oral hygiene and the ability to eat without restrictions. Another option is ceramic braces, which are similar in design to metal braces but use tooth-colored brackets, making them less noticeable. Lingual braces are also an alternative, as they are placed on the inside of the teeth, making them practically invisible from the outside. Finally, accelerated orthodontics, such as the use of high-frequency vibration devices, can expedite the teeth straightening process. These alternatives offer discreet options for adults looking to correct their smiles, allowing them to feel confident throughout the treatment.
Are you an adult seeking a discreet and effective solution to straighten your teeth? Look no further than Wilson East Dental Care. Our dental practice is dedicated to providing a range of orthodontic options tailored to your unique needs. Whether you prefer clear aligners, ceramic braces, lingual braces, or accelerated orthodontics, our experienced team will guide you towards finding the best alternative to traditional braces. With our advanced treatments and personalized care, we are committed to helping you achieve the smile you’ve always desired. Contact Wilson East Dental Care today and embark on your journey towards a straighter and more confident smile.
How to contact Wilson East Dental Care?
Welcome to Wilson East Dental Care, conveniently located at 57 Wilson St E, Ancaster, Ontario. At our dental practice, we are dedicated to providing exceptional dental care to our patients in a warm and inviting environment. Our highly skilled team of dentists and staff are committed to ensuring your oral health needs are met with precision and personalized care.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment, we encourage you to reach out to us. Contacting Wilson East Dental Care is easy. Simply give us a call at +1 289-277-6440, and our friendly receptionists will be happy to assist you. Whether you are inquiring about our services, need to book a consultation, or have a dental emergency, our team is here to help.
We understand the importance of open communication, and we strive to make ourselves readily available to address any concerns or inquiries you may have. Our knowledgeable staff is committed to providing prompt and accurate responses to ensure exceptional patient experiences.
At Wilson East Dental Clinic in Hamilton, your oral health is our top priority. Contact us today, and let us help you achieve and maintain a healthy and beautiful smile. We look forward to welcoming you to our practice and providing you with the highest level of dental care.